| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Canberra, Capital Territory in January is warm at 20.35 °C (68.63 °F).
- Afternoons can be hot with average high temperatures reaching 27.7 °C (81.9 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally mild with an average low of 13 °C (55.4 °F).
- The mean diurnal temperature variation/ range in January is 14.7 °C (26.5 °F).
- The weather in January is slightly dry with sporadic rain. Only 54.2mm (2.1in) of H2O is unloaded during on average 7 days.
- In January the skies in Canberra, Capital Territory are sunny having on balance a sizable 9:05 of blazing sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 13:54 long and the longest day is 14:29 long with an average length of 14:15.
- There are approximately 4:59 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 64.5% of daylight hours and cloudy 35.5% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Canberra, Capital Territory January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Canberra, Capital Territory, Australia
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Canberra, Capital Territory:
- Bourke, New South Wales, Australia - 660.3 kms (410.3 miles) NNW
- Cobar Mo, Australia - 527.9 kms (328.1 miles) NW
- Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia - 348.4 kms (216.5 miles) N
- Mildura, New South Wales, Australia - 660.5 kms (410.4 miles) W
- Wagga, Australia - 159.2 kms (98.9 miles) W
- Melbourne (Airport), Australia - 470.2 kms (292.2 miles) SW
- Essendon, Australia - 469.1 kms (291.5 miles) SW
- Mount Gambier, Australia - 799.9 kms (497.1 miles) WSW
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia - 468.9 kms (291.4 miles) SW
- Laverton, Australia - 487.4 kms (302.9 miles) SW
- East Sale, Australia - 362.4 kms (225.2 miles) SSW
- Low Head, Australia - 672.4 kms (417.9 miles) SSW
- Launceston Wso, Australia - 715.5 kms (444.6 miles) SSW